A crushing but meaningless blow.

14 March 2006

Cracked Mirrors

Sometimes, when I read music blogs, I feel like this entire project of ours is utterly futile. Everyone is so busy trying to out-cool each other, it makes me sick, and I don't have the energy or inclination to try and win these people over. The funniest thing is the willful ignorance on the part of the blogerati as to just what brings all these bands to their attention (i.e. $$$ and publicists), allowing them to debate their relative hipness and sincerity. It's an industry, and one of the more disgusting ones at that, and the most honest people involved with it that I've encountered are the ones who say "just grab whatever money you can and run with it," a position I personally find abhorrent. You're looking for irony, try that on for size.

In other news, I am having a love affair with this weather.

No comments: