A crushing but meaningless blow.

09 February 2006

Abstractly optimistic

Resolute in an ambiguous way.

Last night I dreamt that Smashing Pumpkins reunited and played the coolest, swirling meta-rock ever. Now today I read that Corgan and Chamberlin have indeed signed a new management deal under the SP name. Gotta steal some of those dream riffs before it's too late.

I'm listening to the Broken Social Scene record You Forgot It In People and feeling foolish for taking so long to realize how good they are. I saw them once, back in the day at Pier 54 on the Hudson River, and wasn't that impressed. Now I see that the album is practically tailor-made for me. Call it The Walkmen syndrome Part II.

Reading about the French Revolution. We could use a Reign of Terror around here. Who's with me?

No comments: